Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Totally Cool Stuff Tuesday #3

This Tuesday wasn't so bad. Mainly because it was disguised as a Monday. I did have to do a presentation, which made it very much a Tuesday, because I wasn't prepared in the least, and it had to be in Spanish. I pulled through though, with the help of my totally cool stuff!

1. My camera. I absolutely love my camera. If there were a fire, and I knew Evan was outside safely, the thing I would run in and grab would be my camera. It's not fancy, and by that, I mean it's not a digital SLR. It's a Canon Powershot A620, and technically, it's a point-n-shoot, which means it does all the real thinking for you. Put it on Auto setting, and basically you're guaranteed a decent shot. I've had it for two years, and I've played around with it enough so that I don't think I even want a dig SLR, because I get amazing shots with this one. Plus, it can handle being in my purse and being banged around and still it comes through for me. Forget the giant SLR's with four foot long lenses; when I go on safari, I'm taking my powershot.
2. Coke Zero. I'm such propaganda for this stuff, and really, they should be paying me for posting this, but this stuff is wonderful. All the coke taste, without any calories. It does sound too good to be true, and I'm betting that it probably is, but for now, I'll enjoy it.

3. New sheets. I have been yearning for a new set of sheets for a while now, because the ones we have screamed boy dorm, plus made our room look dark and sad. Seriously, who buys a comforter that has black as its main color, along with stripes of gray and lighter gray. It's like an Edgar Allen Poe story on fabric. Now we have sheets that are striped blue, white and a light green. I think I'll have more cheery dreams from now on.

Now if only I could afford furniture to go along with it...

4. The beach. Evan, myself, and two friends went to the beach for Memorial Day. On the way there we listened to Geoff's eclectic music selection (everything from MJ's Thriller to some irish band we've never heard of). We had a really good time, and the beach was relatively void of people. We played in the sand, jumped off of logs, looked for sand dollars. Later, we spent over an hour at this really awesome antique store (such are my powers that I can make three guys enjoy an antique store) called Pirate's Plunder, and we had a delicious lunch at the Rogue Brewery. It was one of those days that utterly exhaust you, but for all the best reasons.


On Old South Jetty Trail


Travis and I being Pirates at Pirates Plunder

I will be posting more beach trip pictures on another blog entry, so check back soon!

5. I've decided that the fifth totally cool thing will be a song. This week is something much more mellow, which totally goes with the dreary weather we've been having. If Evan could sing or carry a tune, I'd ask him to learn this for me ;). Sorry about the video; it was the best quality song, worst quality pictures, haha.



I hope you've all enjoyed this week's list! I am off to finish (finally) 100 Years of Solitude. Wish me luck!

No comments: