Monday, April 28, 2008

well.


As I was waking up on Monday, and eating my toast, Erik Ainge was becoming a multi-millionaire.

I find this horrifically unfair. In the grand scheme of things, I don't find it justifiable to get a seven figure salary for throwing a ball. Personally, I think one's salary should reflect the impact it has on our world.

football player = amusement = $500 dollars. Right?

teacher = educating future leaders, broadening minds, expanding horizons, etc. = 1,000,000

And I'm not being biased because I: a) have teacher parents or b) am dating an education major.

I just think that makes more sense.

Anyway, I digress. Instead of getting all bitter, I'm going to take joy in my simple pleasures. Here are some things that have recently made me very content:
I bought some crocs. I gave into the ultimate uber Oregon trend, and I couldn't be happier.
This isn't sheep poop. I am done with that. These, are chocolate covered peanuts and they are my new favorite sin. I would pick a handful of these over Erik Ainge any day.

Speaking of sheep poop, I finally got my paycheck today, and am now 178 dollars richer. That also makes me happy. No matter that Erik is making that while taking a wee; I refuse to let that get me down.

Ah, music. Lately, I've been listening to a lot of new stuff, and my two favorites are:

Mushaboom - Fiest. Just try having a bad day after listening to this. Seriously.
Love Song - Sara Bareilles. Quite possibly the most realistic love song I've heard in a while, which is ironic, because it's about how if this dude loves her enough, he doesn't need a freakin' love song to begin with.

Along with music, comes YouTube. I have decided to not completely kill my computer by cramming it with music, and the loss of my own music library has been assuaged greatly by this little video website.
And last, but certainly not least, there's Evan. No one has better withstood my terrible bouts of stress and insanity (and repeated playings of Mushaboom).Erik may have a lot of money now, but he will probably spend it on super sweat-proof socks and jockstraps, while I get to spend my days walking in amazing shoes, eating chocolate covered peanuts while listening to music, and getting truly fantastic hugs from a boy named Evan. So take that, Mr. Ainge.

1 comment:

Carl Duzett said...

I like this entry.