Thursday, April 24, 2008

cinco!

5 images that I love that aren't from family photo albums and such:

I love this because there is such feeling behind it. It was such a monumental time in history, and this guy was really celebrating. The fun part is that no one knows who these two people are. After this awesome moment, they both went on their separate ways and the photographer never got a chance to ask.

This captured me the first time I saw it and still am captivated by this photo every time I see it. It's a simple portrait, but it just says so much.
I love Diego Rivera paintings, because they bring out the beauty of Latin American culture. The vibrant colors, the people, the themes in his paintings are all very true and presented beautifully.
Any images from Santorini, Greece absolutely make me get over my fear of flying and make me wish I could hop on a plane and go live there forever.

Okay, so this isn't the exact image, but I do really admire wildlife photographers. They wait for hours to catch a single moment in order to remind us that there are other amazing creatures sharing this planet with us. If I had the money and could go back in time four years, I'd major in Photography and do this. Yep.

5 years ago I was: A junior in high school? My senior friends were all graduating and I was so horribly jealous of them. It also was probably my best high school year, minus the car accident, but that taught me a lot too.

5 months ago: I was in California celebrating Christmas Eve with various family members. Of course, this was the first year that it EVER snowed on Christmas Day, and I was wearing a t-shirt. Pffft.

5 minutes ago: I was picking out music from YouTube, because it was my turn. I couldn't choose between Shakira, Bach, or the TeddyBears. It's a tough choice.

5 things on my "to-do" list:

1. pick up my paycheck, because I sure as heck did not freeze my a$ off for nothing.
2. turn in my resume and cover letter to a possible job
3. cross my fingers until I hear back about the job
4. vacuum. We have dust cougars, that have devoured the dust bunnies.
5. look up events for Mom's Weekend.

5 recent pieces of mail:

1. Women's Health
2. Smithsonian Magazine
3. National Geographic...we subscribe to a lot of things, don't we?
4. Bed,Bath, and Beyond catalog, which tempted me to buy things I don't need
5. Corvallis Newsletter

5 things I would do if I became a billionaire:

1. pay off school
2. buy my parents a house
3. buy us a house
4. get a puppy...shoot, puppies!
5. invest

5 of my bad habits:

1. biting my nails
2. not biting my tongue when I should
3. addiction to refined starches
4. being disorganized
5. I don't often call people back

5 good memories:

1. any summer day in my old house
2. Ev and I's first kiss
3. First time we said, "I love you."
4. The moment I knew my dad would pull through
5. going on junk food binges with my mom

5 places I've lived:

1. Mexicali, Mexico
2. Lake Oswego, Oregon
3. Aloha, Oregon
4. Hillsboro, Oregon
5. North Plains, Oregon

5 songs I love:

1. Over the Rainbow - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
2. Yesterday - The Beatles
3. These are the Days - Van Morrison
4. The Seasons - Tchaikovsky
5. Lullaby - Josh Groban

5 jobs I've had:

1. Conservation Intern at the Oregon Zoo
2. General floor drone at Old Navy
3. Sheep wrangler
4. college food maker/milkshake extraordinaire
5. camp counseler for Camp Adams/raging hormone child wrangler

5 books I love:

1. The Time Traveler's Wife
2. The Namesake
3. The Giver
4. Life of Pi
5. Marley and Me

5 things that are out of place around my house:

really? just five?

1. the shoes that should be lined up inside my closet but are actually...well, they're everywhere
2. my backpack that is next to my bed
3. my spanish notes that currently reside in the kitchen
4. my socks that, like my shoes, are everywhere. I personally think they are trying to escape.
5. The 5 tons of newspaper that are in our "mystery corner" or our apartment. We really have nothing to do with this space, so naturally, we fill it with recyclables.

5 things I love to eat:

1. tortilla chips
2. french bread
3. really cold baby carrots
4. almonds
5. chocolate. duh.

5 people (non-blood related) who have had a positive impact in my life:

1. Evan - he is my hero.
2. Mr. Beals - amazing teacher that I want to clone so that my kids can learn from him
3. Lani Roberts - OSU professor who helped make me proud to say I'm me.
4. David Shepherdson - Oregon Zoo mentor. I want his job.
5. Loren Chavarria - OSU professor who is the embodiment of a strong, successful hispanic woman

I tag: Carl, Evan, Asia, and anyone else that feels like it. :)









1 comment:

Carl Duzett said...

I like your choice of imagez.