Friday, April 11, 2008

ding dong, the hair is gone!

So, I was sick of having long hair. It was time for a haircut. I had been growing it since probably Christmas break and basically, it was working really well to blend me right in with the sheep I was working with.

Now that that is over, and I will be around human beings more, I decided to check out a new hairdresser. She had been recommended by a friend that has curly hair as well, which is so incredibly important. 99% of the time, I'll walk into a haircut appointment, and the moment I take my hair out of the ponytail, the hairdresser will gasp audibly, then say something along the lines of, "Oh. You have a lot of hair..." the she'll dare to reach and touch it, as if maybe I am playing a big joke and glued on extra curly, coarse hair to the curly, coarse hair I already have. When she realizes that it's not a joke, they usually repeat, "well...you have a lot of hair."

As if I didn't know that. As if I don't own a mirror and see that my hair has the consistency to that of a Shetland pony mated with a lion.

So I was ecstatic to hear this hairdresser exclaim, "you have a ton of hair...but I can't wait to play with it!!"

Sweet! She took the time to ask me what I wanted, and she gave me her opinion, which I took as valid, because she has curly hair as well. And, for the first time, I didn't have to ask her to thin it, as she thought of it all on her own! She gets curly hair!! I was amazed.

So, after about an hour and a half, and what she called, "close to heart surgery" difficulty, I ended up with:She even took the time to straighten it, which I would liken to building the pyramids or climbing Mt. Everest with one hand, blindfolded.

This is what it looks like now, in it's natural, curly state:



The smile says it all. I have finally found an awesome hairdresser, and I vow right now that I'll follow her wherever she may go. Even the Arctic.

1 comment:

anagermarquez said...

I think it was all worth it! You look sooo cute! I'm so glad you finally went to see her and for the looks of it, it was true that she was good with curly hair ;)