Thursday, May 7, 2009

sing it to me, Ray

I love Ray Lamontagne, (evidenced by my going and buying all three of his albums because I couldn't stand to leave one behind) and I especially like this cover he did of Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy". I know, I know. I too, got so sick of that song during the summer of 2007 that I felt nauseous when it came on the radio, but Ray (we are on a first name basis; he just doesn't know it) puts a really great spin on it, and I can listen to it over and over, dramamine free.




1 comment:

Courtney B said...

I love him too! The first time I heard of him was when he opened for John Mayer Trio a few years ago. I thought he was way awkward on stage, but I liked his stuff... then he started getting radio play. The more I hear, the more I like. I should go buy all of his albums also ;)
I haven't heard "Crazy". IT IS AWESOME. Thanks for sharing!