Thursday, November 11, 2010

Update in Yays and Nays

 I'm not totally sure where to start. I guess I should start by saying that this year has gotten off to a great start, and I can only see it getting better. In the spirit of keeping things concise, I think I'm going to just do a "yay" and "nay" post.

Yay to starting at Portland State University!

PSU = Rhinoceros
Nay to feeling like I've been run over by a rhinoceros by Thursday of every week. I am taking 3 classes, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, plus working full-time. Oy.

Yay to after-class beers with my fellow grad students

Nay to realizing that I am not a real college student anymore and do actually have to go to work at 7:30am the next day after I have an after class beer.

Yay to realizing that after 18 months of feeling like this, I will have my own awesome classroom, and I will be able to teach my own way.

Nay to knowing that in the meantime, I have to work with icky high schoolers and even ickier coworkers. Seriously, they are poo-heads.

 Yay to the fact that the school I work at is super close to the middle of nowhere, which is ideal for escaping the icky highschoolers/coworkers and taking pictures.
I almost got run over for this one. Totally worth it. 

 
I may actually frame this one. 

Nay to not having quite enough time after homework to edit said pictures.

Yay to spending what precious time I have with my absolutely amazing boyfriend Evan and my family.

Nay to driving. I hate it, because it's so boring.

Yay to books on tape. I don't care that it makes me feel 98 years old to have a book read to me, but it's the only time I have. I'd probably listen to NPR if I didn't have a book on tape anyway.

This was my book on tape. It was excellent, and I kept trying to find excuses to drive so I could listen. 
Yay also to losing my fear of driving to Portland. It's not so scary anymore, and we've had some awesome adventures/picture opportunities (pretty much interchangeable in my book).
Adventure/Photo opportunity at the Pittock Mansion in Portland! 

Lioness at the Oregon Zoo. We went on Halloween, and the predators I was afraid of were the parents of the tiny humans. We seriously almost got mauled! 

Nay to having our exploring cut short because of the rain and it getting dark right after lunchtime.

Yay to cozy nights at home with Evan, a glass of wine, and the newest Josh Radin cd.

Nay to spending my Saturdays on the couch doing homework.

Where I can dance like a moron and get a great workout!
Yay yay yay for Zumba! I will always drag myself out of my graduate school stupor for Zumba!

Yay for dropping close to 20 pounds!

Seriously, YAY for dropping close to 20 pounds! (frankly, it deserves two yays)

Nay for the silly holidays coming in at full force. I am such a weakling in front of mashed potatoes and stuffing!

Yay for having a trip to Hawaii being more than enough motivation to turn away those mashed potatoes. At least the first time they're offered. I am, after all, only human.
I plan on sunbathing right here. No mashed potatoes for me! 
In love with this! 

Yay for buying the perfect swimsuit that actually makes me want to get out on the beach.

Yay for finding shorts, capris, skirts, and my whole Hawaii wardrobe for under $50 bucks. I may just become a flip season shopper!

Yay for Black Friday! Ladies, watch out. I've been working on my elbow throwing skills.

Yay to not having very many Nays in my life.





Yay for having everything to look forward to and nothing holding me back. What an amazing feeling!

1 comment:

anagermarquez said...

YAY! I love you and I'm so glad for all the "Yays" in your life, and also for the "Nays" that unfortunately exist, but teach us to value all the "Yays" a little more.