Sunday, October 25, 2009

Three pieces of furniture and a cat.

That's all I have at the moment. Well, and some food in the fridge.

No, no one broke in. I am almost totally moved out of Corvallis!

When I first realized that I would have to spend a month here, it seemed like an eternity away, but now that I seriously only have 4 days left, I've realized that the hardest part of leaving Corvallis is Corvallis itself, if that makes sense.

When you want to leave a place but can't, you only see the negatives about it. But, when you want to leave a place and then you're leaving before you thought you would be, all you see are the things you'll miss.

And there's a lot I'll miss. Everywhere I go in Corvallis holds some sort of special moment. I guess it's not hard to fill a town with memories when said town is so tiny it only takes 15 minutes to cross it. I suppose if I'm ever feeling super nostalgic, I can come back and get my fill of memories in less than half an hour. Efficient Nostalgia.

Plus, I'll be back every couple of weeks to get my hair cut. This may seem ridiculous to just about everyone, but my hairdresser really understands my hair and I would seriously follow her to Timbuktu, if I had to. If I didn't have my hairdresser, my tresses would look something like this:



I am super excited to move though, and start our life in Beaverton. We are actually living in a house, which will be a welcome change from our years of living in apartments. The littlest things about having a house are just so exciting to me. Like, I can't believe we'll have a driveway, instead of parking for a spot and worrying about some guy denting your door. Or, the idea of having a solid foundation under our feet, so I can do my Wii to my little heart's content, and Newton can tear around the place without our downstairs neighbor pounding on our floor with the end of a broom. Simple comforts.

So yeah. One more week in cozy Corvallis and then, new adventures!

1 comment:

anagermarquez said...

I know you must feel sad about leaving Corvallis, a place that has been "home" away from home for five years, but I can not wait for you to come back HOME close to us :)
We love you!

Mama & Papo